Finding the Right Wedding Event Planner
The task of finding the right wedding planner for you requires a little effort and lots of research. Planning a wedding is tedious work, which is why some couples opt to seek the assistance of a wedding planner to ensure that the important details are not left by the wayside. If you are a new bride-to-be, you’ve probably already discovered the immeasurable amount of advice from blogs and wedding magazines referencing what you are supposed to spend on your wedding budget and event planning, as well as numerous tips on how to find the right planner. Although the information available online was created with the aim of guiding you, it can get overwhelming.
Why you need a planner
Regardless of how well you are organized, wedding planners are definitely worth their weight in gold; hiring the right wedding planner can be one of the best things that you can do to ensure that your big day runs smoothly from start to finish. Please note that not all wedding planners are the same; therefore, it is vital to determine exactly which type of planner you need to make the best decision. There are mainly two types of planners:
- A Full Service wedding planner: this planner embraces your vision so that your style can be orchestrated to perfection from start to finish. This type of wedding planner will typically create a team of professionals and providers that can manage the details of the entire wedding. Some full planners offer design and some do not while others are standalone wedding event designers.
- Day of Coordination wedding planner (also known as “Month of Coordination” or “Event Management”): this type of planner is ideal if you cannot afford to enlist the services of a full-service planner and you are able to plan the wedding yourself. This planner meets with the couple a few weeks before the day of the wedding to discuss the elements of the wedding checklist that have already been arranged. This type of planner ties up any loose ends before the day of the wedding and also coordinates all the contracted vendors and wedding experts to ensure your wedding day runs smoothly.
How much should your planner cost?
Most wedding planners charge various prices depending on location, experience, and services/hours needed so the cost of a wedding planner can vary; most couples can typically afford to hire a planner to at least coordinate their day. To determine which wedding planner budget is most appropriate for you; consider how each type of planner will vary in their duties and pricing structures so that you can start the process of researching for a wedding planner that suits your needs.
If you are struggling with hiring a wedding planner or coordinator, consider this; an experienced and reliable planner often can save significant money through their network of professional wedding experts and their assistance can help you avoid costly mistakes.
Important questions to ask your planner
- Will you be available on my wedding date? This should be the very first question.
- What is your minimum wedding budget?
- What type of services do you offer, that is, full-service event, the day of coordination, design styling or vision?
- If you handle both coordination and design, which would you consider is your specialty?
- How many weddings have you planned?
- Do you have access to other professional services and contracts?
- How many weddings do you contract on the same weekend?
- What time will you be onsite for my wedding?
- What is your backup plan in case you are not available for my wedding?