Selecting a wedding venue for your outdoor wedding is one of the most significant decisions a couple makes during the wedding planning process. Many couples opt for outside weddings or a backyard wedding for a number of reasons including:
Nature: Outdoor tent weddings are ideal because they allow couples to be surrounded by nature. Additionally, outdoor venues tend to be romantic and magical, which is the perfect setting for couples to tie the knot.
The scenery: Outdoor tent weddings offer couples excellent scenery that is ideal for wedding photography.
Versatility: With an outdoor venue, individuals have the option of picking any location; and since there is a broad array of venues to choose from, couples tend to enjoy a higher level of versatility and flexibility.
Let’s look at the pros and cons:
- An outdoor wedding means that you can set up a collection of lawn games to keep the guests (and their children) busy and entertained. Outdoor wedding venues also provide a great backdrop for adults to get pictures taken between the ceremony and the reception.
- Unlike indoor weddings where you might be limited by the space available due to the venue having a set maximum capacity for fire and health and safety regulations, an outdoor venue provides more flexibility with having a big wedding.
- Outdoor weddings are commonly held during the summer months, which is the most popular season for weddings. Outdoor wedding venues will be in high demand so you will need to book early.
- During summer months, outdoor venues will be high in demand so the prices will be higher than in other seasons. There is also the risk of scheduling conflicts with other weddings.
- If your wedding celebration isn’t being held outside of a venue then you will also have the added cost of renting chairs, tables, and portable restrooms.
Tips For Selecting The Perfect Outdoor Wedding Venue
Carry Out a Lot of Research
Before you start venue shopping, be sure to carry out extensive research so that you can get a sense of all the costs involved. Be sure to research what the rentals, tables, tents, and any other additional things will cost so that you can prepare your budget accordingly.
The weather is by far one of the top stressors when trying to plan an outdoor wedding. Outdoor weddings come with the added pressure of not being able to predict what the weather will be on the big day. Severe weather, such as hurricanes and blizzards, could prevent you or your guests from reaching the venue. As such, adequate preparations have to be made beforehand in anticipation of bad weather.
Lighting is something that most couples forget about when planning an outdoor wedding. Lighting may be necessary if you are hoping for an outdoor wedding ceremony or reception that will happen in the evening. Therefore, you want to pick a venue that offers couples plenty of lighting options such as strung lights so that you can create the perfect ambiance and so that your guests can move about freely and safely.
Don’t Forget Wedding Insurance
Investing in private event insurance or special event insurance can be the best decision that you and your significant other can make in the process of planning and looking for a wedding venue. Wedding insurance is necessary for a number of reasons such as:
Nowadays, many venues require couples to have liability insurance because more are unwilling to take on responsibility for damage to property or injury.
Wedding insurance can protect you if your vendor refuses to offer contracted obligations.
Insurance is vital because it can safeguard you against unpredictable and severe weather.