Unless you’re lucky to live in a tropical location, planning a destination wedding usually means booking airline tickets. Although the idea of sand and sun sounds dreamy, you have to get there first. Meaning that the week of your wedding, you need to go through airport queues, wait in airports, and deal with all the stress that comes with these activities. Bursting with excitement over the occasion, it’s hard to plan for the unexpected.
Plan like a pro for your destination wedding
How soon after your arrival is the wedding? If you’re traveling a long distance, jetlag is inevitable. There are ways to help with this so you can plan on feeling your best on the wedding week.
- Cut the salt: Three days before flying, do everything you can to minimize salt intake. This will significantly help your energy levels and reduce swelling.
- Skip the alcohol: Alcohol is equally hard on your body as salt before and during flying.
- Order a special meal: Gluten-free or low sodium meals lack in taste, but your body will thank you for avoiding the chemical and salt-laden foods.
Pack your carry-on bag like a pro
You might not travel to your wedding with all the guests. This means planning your carry on and other luggage carefully. A carry-on bag needs to be kept simple, but also should contain your comfort necessities so you can exit the flight feeling fresh. Here are some suggestions that don’t take up a lot of space, and will make a huge difference in your comfort, and stress levels upon arrival.
- Eye mask: Especially if it’s a long flight, you might want to catch some z’s.
- Baby wipes: Use these to clean your face and hands as well as sanitize the items around you.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste: So simple, but these items make you feel a world of difference.
- Yoga block: This will elevate your legs and keep your ankles from swelling on long-haul flights.
- Headphones: We know most airlines provide them, but they’re often scratchy and who knows the last time they were cleaned? You can’t afford to get sick now.
You’ve planned for the expected. But what if the unexpected happens?
You’ve done everything to ensure you’re in tip-top shape boarding and exiting the flight, but the unthinkable happens, the airline loses the luggage. Here is where wedding insurance comes in. Having this protection can help alleviate the costs of replacing special attire for the wedding day in a pinch.
We understand special attire is bought months in advance. There are alterations and little detail changes that make the pieces picture perfect. Wedding insurance can help with the costs of last-minute attire, so you can get back to enjoying your destination wedding!
The Wedding Protector Plan
The Wedding Protector Plan® is underwritten by Travelers. Wedding insurance can help protect you against circumstances out of your control. Purchasing a protection plan for your wedding can save you headaches should the unexpected happen. This protection can reimburse you for the deposits lost.
The Wedding Protector Plan® is private event insurance. It provides wedding cancellation and postponement coverage and other coverage to protect your investment. There’s also the option to add liability coverage for the many other things that can go wrong. With our Wedding Protector Plan®, you can ensure that nearly every risk is covered.
The following links are resources at external websites. If you click on these below, you will be leaving the Wedding Protector Plan’s website.
Exactly What to Do to Stay Fresh on a Long Haul Flight