Why purchase wedding cancellation insurance?
You start planning the most special day of your lives months and months in advance. Getting photos done for your “Save the Date,” picking out colors and decorations, mailing invitations, and of course the dress! It’s an exciting time of your life.
In all the excitement, it’s unimaginable to consider that something going wrong. But in reality, major life events, problems with the venue, or even issues with your vendors might affect your special day. After paying deposits to the caterers, venue, photographer, and all the beautiful details to make it unique, you’ve invested a lot of money into your wedding.
Plan for the Best, but Also the Unexpected
If the unexpected happens, you may need to postpone or even cancel your special day. We understand that’s a hard decision to have to make. Not only emotionally, but also financially. This is where purchasing wedding insurance comes in. Wedding insurance can help protect you when things go wrong with the big day.
Just as you planned the details of your wedding out far in advance, your guests do, too. Family members make travel plans whether it’s an out of town wedding or destination. If the distance is far enough, they’ll book flights. When it comes to air travel, we hope for the best but things can still go wrong.
- The airline loses the bride’s gown or the groom’s tuxedo.
- Flight delays and cancellations prevent parents, grandparents, and children from attending
Illness and Call to Duty
All the excitement of planning and preparing, the immune system can take a beating. In addition, there is also the possibility that honorees are called to duty. Both present very difficult emotional and financial decisions. You want all of your guests to be able to enjoy the big day. Wedding insurance can help with non-recoverable expenses should these situations arise.
- When parents, grandparents, or children cannot attend due to an unexpected illness, insurance can help with reimbursing non-recoverable expenses.
- The bride or groom is unexpectedly called to duty, forcing postponement.
Venue, Vendors, and Additional issues
We understand a lot of time goes into choosing the details of the big day. You’ve practically planned everything around it! If something goes wrong at the last minute, wedding insurance can help recoup non-recoverable expenses. Here are some scenarios it can protect against.
- The photographer’s film or memory card is defective, photos are lost or damaged, or fails to appear.
- If gifts are damaged while on display at the event.
- Your venue goes out of business or becomes inaccessible.
- A vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before the event, or fails to show up.
- Your transportation company suddenly becomes unavailable or fails to show up.
The Wedding Protector Plan
The Wedding Protector Plan® is underwritten by Travelers. Wedding insurance can help protect you against circumstances out of your control. Purchasing a protection plan for your wedding can save you headaches should the unexpected happen. This protection can reimburse you for the deposits lost.
The Wedding Protector Plan® is private event insurance. It provides wedding cancellation and postponement coverage and other coverage to cover your investment. There’s also the option to add liability coverage for the many other things that can go wrong. With wedding insurance, you can ensure that nearly every risk is covered.